SmileON allows for access to selected websites and applications for customers who have purchased a data bundle/s that is/are depleted within the validity period of the purchased data bundle/s. While SmileON is aimed at providing continued access until the purchase of a new SmileData bundle, that access is governed by a policy as set out below, which is at the discretion of Smile:
- SmileON is available to customers who have purchased a 5GB SmileData bundle or larger, or a Night and Weekend data bundle.
- If a qualifying purchased data bundle is depleted before the end of the data bundle’s validity period, SmileON will become available automatically until the end of that data bundle’s validity period, or until the allocated usage-allowance of SmileON is depleted.
- While using SmileON, the customer will still be able to access selected internet sites and applications that are considered by Smile as essential for continued communications, but that use low data and bandwidth. Examples of these types of sites and applications relate to banking, browsing, email, government websites, messaging, news, Skype, social networking and Wikipedia, which may change from time-to-time at the discretion of Smile and without prior notification.
- All customers who are using SmileON will be allocated a usage allowance for the SmileON service on the following basis:
- To all customers who purchased a 5GB SmileData bundle, or a Night and Weekend bundle, a usage allowance of 1GB for the SmileON service is available once the purchased data bundle is depleted prior to the 30-day validity period ends, all internet access will be redirected to a landing page informing customers to purchase a new data bundle to continue using the service.
- To all customers who purchased a 10GB or larger SmileData bundle, a usage allowance of 2GB for the SmileON service is provided, once the data bundle is depleted prior to the end of the 12-month validity period. SmileON will be available for a maximum of 30 days. Should a customer in this category reach the usage allowance for SmileON, all internet access will be redirected to a landing page informing customers that they need to purchase a new SmileData bundle to continue using the service.
- When a customer attempts to access a website or use an application that is not available within SmileON, that customer will automatically be re-directed to a web page that notifies them that they have tried to access a website that is not included in the SmileON service. From this point the customer can return to any website included in SmileON or purchase a new SmileData bundle to gain full internet access.
- Should a customer reach the usage allowance applied while using SmileON, the only web access that will remain available is Wikipedia, Smile websites and payment channels that enable customers to recharge their Smile account via MySmile. All other internet access will be redirected to a landing page informing them that they need to purchase a new SmileData bundle to continue using the service.
- Once a customer purchases a new SmileData bundle, the full internet service will be restored. For qualifying customers, SmileON will restart automatically when the new SmileData bundle is depleted within the validity period of the data bundle purchased, as explained above.